Getting Started: Register a Returning Student
Registration/Renewals for returning students is OPEN for the following for the 2020-2021 School Year:
If you have any questions, please visit the Contact Us link on the left side of the page for assistance.
LET'S GET STARTED!
STEP 1: You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the Access ID and Access Password that are needed to create your PowerSchool Parent Portal account, outlined in Step 2. Emails to current/existing pre-kindergarten students will be sent out to custodial parents on Friday, March 13.
Haven't received an email with your student's Access ID and Access Password? Please email email@example.com and let us know YOUR NAME, YOUR STUDENT'S NAME, and the grade level and school they will be attending for the 2020-2021 school year.
STEP 2: Create a PowerSchool Parent Portal account* and link your student(s) to the account.
The welcome email from firstname.lastname@example.org sent to custodial parents will include steps to create a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account, along with the Access ID and Access Password for your student.
*Tip: You will not be able to link your student(s) until you receive the welcome email from email@example.com.
Instructions: Create a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account (Screen images included)
What's Next? After creating a PowerSchool Parent Portal account, you are ready to complete the full set of online registration/renewal forms.
STEP 3: Log in to the SBSD PowerSchool Parent Portal. Click "Forms" from the left navigation and complete the required forms for each student.
What's Next? School staff will review the registration/renewal forms, review/verify any applicable required documents, and will reach out to the guardian/parent if there are any questions and/or if additional information is needed.
- Using your preferred Internet browser (E.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge), navigate to the District's PowerSchool Parent Portal: https://sbsdvt.powerschool.com
- Click the "Create Account" tab then click the "Create Account" button.
- Fill in the "Parent Account Details" section with your name, email address, a username of your choice, and a password (then re-enter the password). The password you create must:
- Be at least 8 characters long
- Contain at last one uppercase and one lowercase letter
- Contain at least one letter and one number
- Contain at least one special character (E.g., #%&)
- In the "Link Students to Account" section, enter your student’s first and last name, the Access ID and Access Password found at the bottom of this email, and your relationship to the student. More than one student can be linked to this account. If there are multiple students to be linked, continue adding to the "Link Students to Account" section.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NEW STUDENTS: The Access ID and Access Password can be found at the very bottom of the welcome email with instructions to complete the New Student Registration that is sent when the pre-registration form has been approved.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CURRENT/RETURNING PRE-KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS: The Access ID and Access Password for students will be shared in district communications to guardians/parents. Communications with Access IDs and Access Passwords for current pre-kindergarten students are expected to be emailed to families in early March.
- IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CURRENT/RETURNING K-12 STUDENTS: The Access ID and Access Password for students will be shared in district communications to guardians/parents. Communications with Access IDs and Access Passwords for current pre-kindergarten students are expected to be emailed to families in mid to late summer.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Submit" button.