South Burlington High School has two leadership teams that serve unique functions.
The SBHS Administrative Leadership Team manages day to day operations of the school and provides supervisory and evaluative oversight of the staff, budget, and student life. This team includes:
- Patrick Burke, Principal
- Pat Phillips, Asst. Principal
- Lissa McDonald, Asst. Principal
- Michael Jabour, Activities Director
- Denise Weaver, Ninth Grade Dean
- Tim Wile, Guidance Director
The Academic Leadership Team manages departmental and school wide academic policy, contributes to the budgeting process, and advances all initiatives related to staff supervision, curriculum, instruction and assessment. This team includes all of the above and the following Content Area Department Heads (CAS):
- Gail Kilkelly, Visual and Performing Arts
- John Painter, Math
- Kevin Downey, Big Picture
- Phil Surks, Science
- Ryan Navin, Social Studies
- Sayre Ludlow, Student Support Services
- Stephen Barner, Technology and Business
- Theresa Mazza-Anthony, World Languages
- TBA, Physical Education and Health
Each team meets regularly and deploys a collaborative leadership model seeking to place the students' needs at the center of every decision.
The Principal and Assistant Principals are also members of the School District's PreK-12 Leadership Team.