Wellness in the South Burlington School District 2019-2020
The South Burlington School District Wellness Committee was formally established in October 2015 as a group of school staff, students, and community members dedicated to nutritional, physical, mental, and social and emotional wellness in our school and greater community. The group, which meets bimonthly, will focus on mental health in the 2019-2020 school year and its important connection to nutritional/physical/social and emotional health.
For the updated South Burlington School District Wellness Policy, please click here.
For the updated South Burlington School District Wellness Procedures, please click here.
Please click on the links below to get further updates and information. Questions? Need information you're not seeing below? Please e-mail Healthy Schools Coordinator Susie Merrick at email@example.com or 802.652.7035.
Updates and Reminders for 2019-2020
2019-2020 Update Letter from the SBSD Wellness Committee
FAQs for Wellness Guidelines
Letter Template for Food Donations
Smart Snacks and Recipes
- School's Out Healthy Snacks Recipe Book
- Quick List for Snack Ideas
- More Smart Snack Ideas with Brand Names
- Smart Snacks from Costco
- Healthier Generation Smart Snacks Search
- Healthy Snacks from My Plate, My Win
- USDA Team Nutrition Recipes
- Banana Oatmeal Bread
- Fruity Yogurt Muffins
- Gooey Chocolate Muffin
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Popcorn with Caramel Glaze
- Chocolate Cake
- USDA Healthy Fundraising
- "School Fundraising Can Be Healthy and Profitable"
- Fundraising from Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- "A Fresh Look at Healthy Fundraisers for Schools"
- "Beyond the Bake Sale: Innovative Fundraising for Your Child's School"
- "Fundraising Ideas: Humane Alternatives to Bake Sales"
School and Community Partners
We are so proud of our active schools and our active community! Take a look at the great work of our community partners by following the links below.
- South Burlington School District Nutritional Services
- School’s Out Program
- South Burlington High School and Frederick H. Tuttle Middle School Activities/Athletics
- South Burlington Recreation and Parks
- Vermont Department of Health
- Common Roots (Plus Recipes from Common Roots Blog)