Free or Reduced Internet Options
Update July 10, 2020
H.966 passed into law last week, thereby establishing the Get Vermonters Connected Now program. The $17 million appropriation for this program will be used to expand broadband networks for students and other affected groups who lack physical access to broadband today for purposes such as remote learning and telehealth during the COVID-19 Emergency.
Since early April, the Department of Public Service has been collecting data on student access to broadband in Vermont's school districts. In order to maximize the odds of success for the Get Vermonters Connected Now program, the Department has put together a survey and map that students, teachers, and administrators can use to identify and report specific locations that need broadband service. To obtain robust data for the program, a survey has been created and can be found here.
Survey data can also be reported verbally to the Department by calling the Consumer Affairs and Public Information Division at 800-622-4496 (callers should leave a message with their phone numbers and staff will return their calls promptly).
· Spectrum Internet Assist-reduced price
· AT&T Access -reduced price
· Comcast Internet Essentials- 60 days free for qualifiers
· Comcast Public Wifi - free for 60 days on all Xfinity-branded hotspots
· Comcast- Free two months of Comcast internet for low income households
· Charter Communications- Free broadband to students!
· Verizon Innovative Learning- 3x capacity for existing users
· Consolidated Communications – is offering two free months of DSL access for students, teachers, and staff. Take advantage of the offer in two easy steps:
Call Consolidated Communications: 1-855-399-3084
Mention Offer Code: Two Months Free
This offer includes free installation and no equipment fees for two months. Students and their families do not have to sign a long-term contract to receive this offer. Consolidated doesn’t cap the amount of data you can use or charge extra based on your use.
Vermont has also put together a list of WiFi hotspots around the state in addition to best practices around utilization here