SB Rebel Athletic Hall of Fame
Class of 2019
David Antonioli '92
- 2 Sport Athlete, excelling in Soccer.
- David competed in 2 Soccer State Championships, winning his senior year.
- David has numerous accolades including All-District, All-State, All-New England and All-American, one of less than a handful of players to achieve the honor in the history of the school.
- David played Baseball for all four years at SBHS in the position of left fielder and leadoff hitter.
- Named Gatorade Soccer Player of the year for the State of Vermont in 1991.
- Awarded the SB Kiwanis Award for Outstanding Male Athlete of his class.
- David went on to compete in Soccer, with a record-setting career for St. Michael's College where he continues to hold the record for career goals with 49 and career points with 112. David is also a member of the St. Michael's Athletic Hall of Fame.
Jennifer Davidson Jacobus '02
Soccer, Alpine Skiing, Lacrosse
- Jennifer was a 12 season athlete at SBHS, with a total of 8 Varsity letters and named Captain of all 3 of her sports.
- In soccer, Jenn was a fierce defensive player described as "athletic, hard-working, responsible, and a strong leader."
- In the winter she was out on the ski slopes competing on the Alpine Ski Team.
- Lacrosse is where Jenn excelled, earning All-State recognition two years and was a strong force in leading the team to the program's first semi-final appearance in her Junior year.
- Named Lacrosse team MVP and selected to play in the Twin State Game.
- Awarded the SB Kiwanis Award for Outstanding Female Athlete of her class.
- Jenn went on to play lacrosse at William Smith College, she helped her team win back-to-back Liberty League Championships and made the NCAA post-season tournament twice.
- 2 sport stand-out athlete named All-State in both Football and Baseball.
- In Football, starting quarterback for three seasons and lead his team to 3 straight divisional Championships, winning two Division II State Championships.
- Chris was selected to play in both the Senior Bowl and Shrine Team.
- Named 1st Team All-State and was honored as the top quarterback in the state.
- Onto Spring and Baseball where Chris was a 3 year starter at catcher and served as Captain his senior season.
- Combined record of 37-3 his Junior and Senior years and went to the State Championship both seasons, winning a State Championship in 2005.
- Named All-State and First Team Catcher in 2006.
- Awarded the SB Kiwanis Award for Outstanding Male Athlete of his class.
- Chris went on to compete in Football at Norwich University where he spend 4 seasons as a quarterback.
Penny Guilmain Faszewski '84
Field Hockey, Basketball, Softball
- Field Hockey is the sport where Penny shined and to this day is still very involved in Field Hockey programs.
- Named to the Vermont Field Hockey All-Star Team particiating in the inaugural VT Twin State Field Hockey Classic vs. New Hampshire.
- Varsity player for 3 years and a starter Junior & Senior years. scoring leader with 23 goals, named MVP, selected as an All-Star Team member.
- Penny was also named to two all-star Olympic development teams.
- Penny went on to play Field Hockey for 4 years at Springfield College, her team ranked 12th in the nation. She was leading scorer and captain.
- Since college Penny has coached field hockey, served as athletic trainer, PE teacher and a field hockey official. She serves as a board member of the NH Field Hockey Association.
- In Basketball, Penny was a point guard, her team reached a #1 ranking and went onto the Metro Championship.
- Softball was the third sport where Penny excelled. A Varsity starter for 3 years and co-captain in her senior year. Her batting average was .370 the highest on the team.
Casey Harman '07
- Basketball: Casey was a 3 year Varsity starter and served as Captain his senior year. Casey earned 836 career points, placing him 8th in SBHS history. He tallied 118 three-pointers to hold the school record upon his graduation. He also co-holds the school record for most points in a single game at 39. He led the Rebels in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and 3 pointers and was named MVP, twice All-Metro and All-State player and to the VT-NH All Star team.
- Baseball is where Casey truly excelled and it has been said "that he is one of the most accomplished high school baseball pitchers to come out of the state of Vermont".
- 4 year Varsity starter known for pitching and hitting. Season ERA .13 and batting average of .462.
- Starting picther in 3 consecutive Vermont State Championship appearances resulting in 2 State Titles and a four year win/loss team record of 72-6, which includes captaining one undefeated season.
- Named 1st Team All-Metro, Metro Player of the Year and Vermont Gatorade Player of the year.
- Casey was also recoginzed as the SBHS Kiwanis Outstanding Male Athlete of his class.
- Casey was offered a scholarship to play at Clemson University where he played for 3 years before being selected by the Chicago Cubs in the 29th round of the MBL draft.
- Casey went on to play 4 years in the minor leagues before taking some time off, which included returning to Clemson to finish his degree.
- Today Casey is playing baseball in Taiwan. For more in depth and current information about Casey and his career, you can view his video, https://youtu.be/p8hpkK6Vy9I and refer to his website https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Casey_Harman which is maintained and updated by his former Rebel Teammate, Owen Ozanich.
Alicia Hawks '06
Field Hockey, Lacrosse
- 4 year starter in both Field Hockey and Lacrosse.
- Field Hockey: Career high 61 goals and 20 assists
- 2 State Championships in 2002 & 2005.
- Named Metro Coaches 1st Team in all 4 years and Metro Coaches Player of the Year in 2005.
- Named 1st team All-State Junior & Senior years and Co-Captain both of these years.
- Junior year Alicia was ranked #9 in the Best Fall Field Hockey player list in Varsity New England magazine.
- Lacrosse: Played in 2 State Championships her Junior & Senior years.
- Tallied 191 goals and 56 assists in her 4 year career, broke a school record for most goals scored in a single season (53 goals, 9 assists)
- Name All-State 1st Team Junior & Senior years, ranked #1 Best Spring Lacrosse player in Varsity New England magazine.
- Named to US Women's Lacrosse All-American 1st team in both Junior & Senior years.
- Awarded Outstanding Athletic Achievement Award in 9th, 10th & 11th grade years.
- Awarded the SB Kiwanis Award for Outstanding Female Athlete of her class in 2006.
- Alicia was recruited to play lacrosse at UVM.
David Lapointe - Coach 1977-1999
- David started coaching at SBHS in 1977 and won only 1 game his first season, but under his guidance, the squad improved each year.
- The 1980-81 season marked the start of the an incredible run for Coach Lapointe and his teams. After an 18-2 regular season, the team advanced to the Division 1 Final Four. Coach led SB back to the Final Four in each of the next two seasons, compiling a 3 year record of 59-8, the best three-season span in school history.
- Coach took his teams to 7 Final Fours in the next 14 seasons. No other Division 1 coach or team went to more boys Final Fours in that span.
- In 1989 the team had its only appearance in the Division 1 State Championship in school history.
- Coach Lapointe was named Metro Coach of the Year 4 times.
- 12 of Coach Lapointe's players represented VT in the annual VT-NH game, 2 players were named Metro Player of the Year and 5 went on to play Division 1 College basketball.
- Dave is also a member of the Vermont Basketball Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
- David recently retired from teaching at Frederick Tuttle Middle School in 2016 after 39 years of teaching.
Rebecca Shaw '08
Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse
- First 3 sport goalie to be inducted in the SB Hall of Fame and our youngest Hall of Fame member to date.
- Field Hockey 2 State Championships; Lacrosse 1 State Championship.
- Field Hockey: BFP and Coaches All-State Team Honorable Mention.
- Ice Hockey: named MVP for 3 years as well as BFP and Coaches All-State recognition.
- Lacrosse: Recognized by the BFP and Coaches All-State Honorable Mention
- Awarded the SB Kiwanis Award for Outstanding Female Athlete of her class in 2008.
- After SBHS, Becca went on to play both field hockey and ice hockey at Middlebury Collge. Winning NESCAC Championships in both sports and playing in a NCAA D3 field hockey Championship game.
- Becca has been coaching for many years and is currently coaching field hockey at MIT.
James F. Smith '94
Soccer, Ice Hockey, Baseball
- 3 sport athlete and named MVP in all 3 sports.
- In Soccer, known for great instinct defensively.
- In Baseball, recognized by the Metro Coaches and the BFP with post-season honors.
- In Hockey, named defenisve player of the year, known as one of the most feared hitters and possessed one of the hardest shots in the game.
- Member of 2 State Championship teams, captain, named to Essex Rotary All-Star Classic and respresented Vermont in the Make-A-Wish All-Star game vs New Hampshire.
- James "Smitty"was described by his coaches as a "strong leader", the "go to guy", "an anchor for the team", "ultimate competitor and teammate."
- Awarded the Rebel Booster Sportmanship Award for the Class of 1994.