Life, Accidental Death & Disability Insurances
Eligible employees are welcomed to participate in the following group insurance plans offered through the District. To be eligible, employees must be regularly employed for at least 1,000 hours per year. The insurance coverage and costs vary according to employee group and are as follows:
Life Insurance (term life insurance available while you are employed)
- Support Staff: $50,000 to age 70 while employed
- Teachers: 2 times annual salary.
- Administrators: $50,000 provided, option to purchase up to a total of $250,000 coverage to age 70 and $50,000 after age 70.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Support Staff: $25,000.
- Teachers: 2 times salary.
- Administrators: $50,000 provided, option to purchase up to a total of $250,000
Long Term Disability Coverage
- Support Staff: OPTIONAL, AT EMPLOYEE'S expense, enroll at initial hire
- Teachers: 2 times salary. 60%, must be elected on paperwork, EMPLOYER paid
- Administrators: Provided, enroll at initial hire
Elimination Period: 180 days. If deemed eligible, benefits begin the day after the elimination period is completed.
Minimum Hours Requirement: Eligible employee must be working at least 1,000 hours per year.
Monthly Benefit: Benefits may be reduced by deductible sources of income and disability earnings. Some disabilities may not be covered or may have limited coverage under this plan.
- Support Staff: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $3,000 per month.
- Teachers: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $3,000 per month.
- Administrators: 66.6667% of monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $8,300 per month.