Happy New Year!
BC/BS ID Card Questions
New BCBSVT ID cards for most employees should have been received already, but some may still be on the way. If you have not received your card(s) and need services soon, please:
1.) Let your providers or pharmacist know you are a BCBSVT member
2.) Encourage your provider or pharmacist to confirm your eligibility via their online systems
3.) Remind your provider or pharmacist that he or she will only need your name and date of birth to confirm your coverage
Questions about your benefits: please call the BCBSVT customer service team at (800) 247-2583. BCBSVT customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 6 pm, except holidays.
** Please check your mail for your new ID cards. They will arrive in a white window envelope with “Important Information Enclosed” stamped on it**
LOOK FOR NEW CARDS ARRIVING IN THE MAIL WITH NEW MEMBER NUMBERS AND GROUP NUMBERS.
NEW BC/BS CARDS
Current VEHI Health Care Plans
Please be sure to carry your new ID cards for your health plans. You will need to present your NEW BC/BS ID card when accessing medical or pharmacy services. Be sure to alert your providers that you have new account and group numbers. You should destroy any outdated BC/BS ID cards to avoid confusion.
Information on health care plan specifics is available are on the VEHI website at: http://www.vehi.org/benefits/navigating-2018-health-plans/employee-navigation/
VEHI Health Plans Benefit booklet for ALL employees:
ACCESS to SBSD Health Insurance Benefit Presentation (on Google limited access to those with SBSD email): Benefit Presentation
Cost Sharing Terms:
Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP): A health plan that meets IRS regulations that allows for funded accounts to assist in the cost of health care. Such accounts may include a Health Savings Account (HSA), a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Co-insurance: A percentage of allowable charges that the employee must pay after reaching the deductibles. For example, after the required deductible is met, the insurance coverage for a specific service may pay for 80% of the charge and then the individual is responsible for the remaining 20% cost.
Co-payment: A fixed dollar amount paid to a service provider at the time of service. THE ONLY MEDICAL VISIT CO-PAYMENT IS FOR A YEARLY EYE EXAM WITH A PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
Deductible: The amounts set each year that the insured must pay towards medical costs prior to an insurance benefit payment is made by BCBS. There are two levels of deductibles that are used:
Stacked deductible: The amount required of an individual prior to the payment of insurance benefits
Aggregate deductible: The amount of a single or entire family that must be reached prior to the payment of insurance benefits.
Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA): Tax-Free employer funded account-based benefit to help employees pay for some qualified out-of-pocket health care expenses defined by the plan; may be paired with any health insurance plan; works best with a High Deductible Health Plan.
Health Savings Account (HSA): HSAs are individual savings accounts that can be used to pay for qualified health care expenses with tax-free dollars; may be funded by the employer, the employee or both; must be paired with an HSA eligible High Deductible Health Plan.
Flexible Savings Account (FSA): An account that is set up and owned by the employer and funded by the employee through pre-tax payroll deductions to pay for qualifying medical and child care expenses.
Our Third Party Provider is DataPath, they process FSA and HRA reimbursements. Employees may set up access to their account and login through: myRSC.com