Mindfulness Mission and Vision
Building Wellness and Resilience in Our Community
The mission of the Mindfulness South Burlington program is to offer the learning, teaching and practice of mindfulness to the students, staff and families of the South Burlington School District.
The vision of the Mindfulness South Burlington program is that over time all members of the South Burlington educational system will be
- trained and empowered to effectively implement mindfulness and life-long strategies in their lives;
- grounded in current best practice and mindfulness research in education and neuroscience;
- able to demonstrate flexibility, awareness of self and others and the capacity to self-regulate;
- socially and emotionally healthy individuals who inspire thoughtful communication and promote a sense of community.
- All staff in the SBSD will understand the benefits of practicing mindfulness in their personal and professional lives as well as the benefits of teaching mindfulness strategies to students in their classrooms.
- All students who graduate from the SBSD will be exposed to mindfulness strategies for self-reflection, self-regulation, improved focus and the capacity to demonstrate empathy for self and others.
- Families will receive regular communication and updates about this work in our schools.