South Burlington High School has two leadership teams that serve unique functions.
The SBHS Administrative Leadership Team manages the day-to-day operations of the school and provides supervisory and evaluative oversight of the staff, budget, and student life. This team includes:
- Patrick Burke, Principal
- John Craig, Asst. Principal
- Lissa McDonald, Asst. Principal
- Michael Jabour, Activities Director
- Denise Weaver, Ninth Grade Dean
- Meghan Sweet, Guidance Director
The SBHS Academic Leadership Team manages departmental and school-wide academic policy, contributes to the budgeting process, and advances all initiatives related to staff supervision, curriculum, instruction, and assessment. This team includes all of the above and the following Content Area Department Heads (CAS):
- John Painter, Math
- Kim Kimball, Visual and Performing Arts
- Kevin Downey, Big Picture
- Phil Surks, Science
- Ryan Navin, Social Studies
- Sayre Ludlow, Student Support Services
- Theresa Mazza-Anthony, World Languages
- Maryellen Schaefer, English
Each team meets regularly and deploys a collaborative leadership model seeking to place the students' needs at the center of every decision.
The Principal and Assistant Principals are also members of the School District's PreK-12 Leadership Team.